How to increase your awareness
Most people think achieving vibrant health is all about diet and exercise. Actually, it is so much more than that, and it begins with awareness.
Every action you take for your health is a choice you make. Your thoughts control your feelings, and your feelings are in direct alignment with your actions. Your results are a product of your actions. Thoughts-Feelings-Actions-Results. Therefore, if we use the power of our mind, we can change our results. First, we must be aware of our thoughts.
How aware are you of your body and your health? How well are you tuned in to your health and well being needs, and what is required to achieve vibrant health?
What are your pain points in your health and well being?
Are you willing to look deeply into your state of health? How awake are you towards what is going on in your body? Let’s explore…then I'll help you solve this.
Where is your struggle?
-fatigue, insomnia and low energy
-other physical health issues
- body image
Over the course of the past 30 years as a health and wellness professional, practitioner and coach, successfully helping thousands of people, and from my own health challenges, I have learned the secrets to achieving vibrant health.
I’ve learned that the FIRST STEP towards achieving vibrant health is awareness. I've also found both as a practioner and a coach, that there are deeper levels of issues underneath what seems to be the cause of a problem. The deeper your awareness, the more possibility for success. Are you ready?
In most cases, many health and weight issues can be prevented, stopped, or reversed, but most people only change their habits after a life changing event, usually a bad one.
Only with awareness, can you take the next step. You can improve and maintain vibrant health, starting with awareness. If your bad habits have taken control, you can make a decision to turn things around.
ARE YOU AWARE?
Do you know... your mindset affects your overall health? ideal nutrition can depend upon body type, why inflammatory foods cause weight gain and disease? Are you aware of what you are doing right and wrong? Can you tune in to your body, and listen to what is going on? Do you have a vision for what you want your health to be? Do you have a mindfulness or meditation practice? Do you know how digestion affects your entire body systems? Are you aware of your posture and body mechanics? Do you have a positive body image? Are you aware of the positive effects of love and laughter? What good and bad habits do you have? Are you aware of your breath? Do you hold back on giving? Are you holding any grudges, and can you feel that in your body? Where are your blocks? What do you think of yourself? Are you mindful when you eat?
There is no right or wrong answer for these. It's just a first step to get curious.
What You Can Do NOW to Increase Your Awareness to Achieve Vibrant Health
- MINDFULNESS HEALING PRACTICE Be mindful and present with acceptance and non judgement. Close your eyes, and notice these things:
- Notice your breath. Take a few deep breaths. Just witness it without trying to control it in any way. When you notice that your mind drifts off, simply shift your awareness back to your breath.
- Notice your energy. Fast, slow, rushing, dragging? What is your energy? No need to change it, just observe.
- Do a body scan. Imagine you can see inside of your body, and your body is a white light. Energy flows freely in some places and not in others. What do you notice in your body? Any pain? Constrictions? Blockages? You might have your own description. Imagine your body as a white light. Are there any grey or black colored restrictions within? Just notice. Then imagine breathing healing energy into the grey or constricted areas. This may take practice. Be patient.
- Notice your feelings now and throughout the day. Check in with yourself. Know that your feelings are caused by your thoughts. You can choose to be curious about this.
2. Throughout the day, notice your thoughts. Notice if you are complaining, comparing or criticizing others or yourself. Notice if you have negative thoughts. Notice any negative self talk going on. Notice any grievances. There is no need to judge. Just observe. Be accepting and curious about this. You can choose to pause when you notice this and use a more empowering thought or perception. Notice your positive thoughts, and feelings of gratitude. Memorize your state of being when you are feeling great, and pull up those feelings as you desire.
3. Notice your habits. Just accept and be curious for now. Your food and exercise habits, and your habits of thinking. Observe without judgement.
4. Notice if you are holding any grudges, and if you have trouble forgiving others or yourself.
5. Notice all the “should haves” “if only’s” and “should have dones" that you think. These are things that lower your self esteem, and your image of yourself. Just notice without judgement. Becoming aware is the first step.
6. Notice how you are feeling about yourself. Do you feel confident? What do you see yourself achieving? Do you believe you can achieve what you want to be happy in life? Do you think you must achieve certain things to be happy and confident?
7. Notice your longing and your discontent. What is your deepest desire for your health? What would you love?
What Would You Love In Your Health?
How would you like to feel when you wake up and get out of bed in the morning? Excited about who you get to be, what you get to do, create, and give? Energized? Joyful? Grateful for the day, for life, for the people you love?
What level of fitness would you love? What would you love to do on a daily basis? Walk the beach or hike in the woods? Travel tours? Swim? Weight training? Bicycle? Dance? Yoga? Walk with your lover, your dog, your friend?
How are you moving? Freely?
What is your ideal weight? What nutrition level would you like?
Imagining that it all worked out, how do you feel in your perfect health scenario?
You can make this up. These are suggestions to get your imagination rolling. Use your own voice and your own true desires for yourself and the life you are living.
Noticing your thoughts and feelings will increase your body awareness. Creating a vision of what you would love will help you notice when you're on or off track. From there, you can make a new choice.
this takes time and practice. with continued practice, you will be healthier, and on to the next step.
Everything starts with awareness. This is a starting point. Once you are in observer mode, noticing and becoming more aware, then, and only then, can you consciously decide to change.
Would you love support in achieving the life and vibrant health you desire with the help of a coach? Here is your complimentary strategy session.
Feel free to share!
Yours in Vibrant Health,
Margie Ziegler, LMT, RYT
CEO, Dream Life Ignited LLC
Creator of "Confident Action Mastery" family of programs
Certified Life Mastery Coach
Health and Well Being Coach
Chopra Certified Meditation and Yoga Instructor
Chopra Center Coaching Transformational Coach
Expert Level Myofascial Release Practitioner
Licensed Massage Therapist
Copyright 2017. Dream Life Ignited LLC. All rights reserved.